MEAT INDUSTRY RESEARCH GROUP OF THE PRINCIPALIYY OF ASTURIAS.
ASINCAR, The Meat Industry Research Group of the Principality of Asturias is a private non-profit organization founded in 1977 under the initiative of the Meat Industries of the Principality of Asturias. Its main goal is to represent, defend and promote the economic, social and professional interests of the meat sector in Asturias. Over thirty years of expanding commitment speak for us. Four major areas summarize ASINCAR’s engagement with its partners:
- Technology consulting
- Specialized training and technology transfer in the Agri-food sector
- Health and food safety laboratory:
- Research projects
Today, the Association gathers over 80 members in the meat sector of Asturias, representing 80% of all companies, 92% of the sector’s turnover and 95% of the employees.
It is registered in the Special Register of Innovative Business Groups of the Ministry of Economy, Industry and Competitiveness.
ASINCAR facilities include a 500 m2 pilot plant of and a fully equipped laboratory for the development of our activities.
Our staff consists of over 12 doctors and technologists, specialised in areas such as ISO, food, chemistry, biology, biochemistry and veterinary Sciences and Technologies.
- To represent, defend and promote the economic, social and professional interests of the meat sector in Asturias.
- Innovative development and Technolgy transfer
- Technology improvement beneficial for its members
- To promote cooperation activities among partners
ASINCAR’s activities are oriented towards two main objectives:
To represent, defend and promote the social and economic interests of the sector.
To develop value-added activities for the industry in the following areas:
- Process efficiency improvement
- Product improvement and development
- Food related legislation
- APPCC, IFS, BRC, ISO 22.000 systems…
- Financial aid description
- Business case development for Quality guarantees
- Collective agreemnts
- Trade fair presence
- Microbiological analysis:
- Physical-Chemical Analysis
- Food safety and hygiene control
- Lifespan studies
- Nutrient profile control
Innovative projects ASINCAR has R&D&i experience in the development and management of European (FP7 and FP6), National (CDTI, AVANZA) and Regional (PCTI, INNOEMPREA, INNOVA) projects in food technology areas related to:
- Development of new healthy products
- Food preservation techniques
- Biotechnology for food safety
- Improved and new process technologies
- On-site pathogen detection systems development
- Waste recovery