Steel Innovation Cluster is a non-profit Entrepreneurship Association created with the aim of promoting innovation, technology development and applied research in the area of their respective activities related to steel, its production, processing and market delivery, all along its value chain, through the execution of joint projects.
The Steel Innovation Cluster promotes high activity on R&D at a located environment, including important parts of all value chains in several sectors (rail, consumer goods, nuclear, petrochemical, research infrastructures, wind offshore). Further to the involvement of the steel producer, Steel Innovation Cluster includes a significant of processing companies, technology centre, university and end users to successfully complete the planned technology development, covering the value chain and closing the loop of the processes involved in the development of new steel grades and improvement of existing ones.
It is registered in the Special Register of Innovative Business Groups of the Ministry of Economy, Industry and Competitiveness.
Steel Innovation Cluster’s objectives are defining the main mission of the association, in relation with partners competitiveness improvement through their technological differentiation, being the following:
- Supporting and providing awareness to the companies in the promotion of innovation, research and development through knowledge and inclusion of the technological advances related to their developed activities.
- Adding the needed critical mass for improving the competitive ability of the associated partners by including innovative improvements in process and product.
- Designing, promoting and managing R&D&i projects in accordance with the strategic, productive and market needs.
- Driving collaboration for the development of cooperative projects and initiatives that allow R&D results´ development and transfer within the scope of each respective business activities.
- Making participation in regional, national and European R&D&i programmes easier, with the aim of having access to funds and public grants for the support on entrepreneurship innovation.
- Promoting forum, debates, workshops, events and related initiatives, in order to fosterresults & knowledge sharing.
- Promoting training and qualification of the associated partners in all matters related to R&D&i.
- Providing collaboration in the definition, planning, development and execution of strategies, projects and related initiatives on R&D&i, including dissemination of such and their results, when required.
- Creating collaboration agreements and with third parties that underpin the fulfilment of the main aims.
- Providing updated information and dissemination in the evolution of any matter related to R&D&i
- Being the reference body for any study, enquiry, debate and advisory in issues related to improving innovation in the companies.